Friday 12 June 2009

OGA 2009 Coverage

Yesterday I managed to attend OGA 2009 (Oil and Gas Asia 2009) exposition held at Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre (KLCC). The exposition opened on 10/06/2009 and will end 6 p.m. today. The exposition is opened only to the oil and gas companies, persons related to oil and gas industry and students that are doing studies related to oil and gas.


Take the picture of the location you park your car to avoid any problem (read: lost)


I went there with my other three colleagues from my workplace, Synergistic Generation Sdn. Bhd. and my company also set up a booth at UMW Oil & Gas booth (SGSB is now a subsidiary of UMW Oil & Gas group).


Arshad, Badrulhisyam and yours truly waiting for the elevator


The replica of generator set that I am currently working on


With our staff, Fatin


UMW Oil & Gas Berhad


The exhibition hall is so huge that there are six exhibition hall to visit! I only managed to visit half of them and there are a lot of latest technologies and equipments related to oil and gas industries exhibited there. The exhibition is really an eye-opener for me where I found the latest technologies are offered especially for oil and gas exploration. There are eye-poker here too, where the hot chicks greeted me at Philippine National Oil Corporation booth. For this blog brevity, I won't posts the pictures of me playing mini golf with this Philippine hotties on this blog. :P If you want to find out, rush to KLCC now, there is still time. Hehehehe~


Lifeboat for oil platform during emergency


Inside the boat, spacious


I also met with my friends who are currently doing intership like me there like Abang Zayd (Pipeline Engineer, Petronas Carigali? You've striked out the word 'trainee' there!) and some other friends like the recently graduated Anas from UTP, my classmates; Nisha and Rashidah. Most of them are currently doing intership at various levels of both towers at KLCC. Weird enough, Petronas did not set up booth like Shell and Exxon-Mobil did. What a shame.


With Anas, my foster-brother during Rakan Muda Wawasan Desa 2007 at Kuala Kangsar


We head back to Shah Alam after paying hefty price for the parking ticket (RM 10.50 for 3 hours?!) at 5 p.m. We arrived at our office in Kota Kemuning at 6.00 p.m., just in time to clock out! The visit to OGA 2009 is really beneficial for me and I will look forward to attend the next OGA in 2010 to find for a job. :P


Where is PETRONAS?


Before we leave...


My tag, Electrical Trainee Engineer


p/s: Call of Duty : Modern Warfare 2 will be released this November! Why on earth they release the most-awaited game during my final year? Arrggghh!!!

2 comments:

Cikuniz said...

weh bro!!uhuhu..lama x denga citer..hehe..ak bace2 ko nye post ni, ko nak keje kat oil rig ke?huhu..jgn bro, kesian bini ko nnti..haha

afiqms said...

aku tadehal~ bini pny hal tu bleh ejas punye~ hohoho~ name pon skoler petronas, mane die nk campak, aku redho ler~