Tuesday 22 September 2009

Raya 2009 Log: Raya Day 2 (Tour of the FELDAs)

We continued our Raya journey by heading to the Negeri Sembilan - Pahang border to visit our relatives there. I can conclude that my family is of the planters family as most of our relatives are the 'Penerokas' at the FELDAs around Negeri Sembilan. Nevertheless, one cannot avoid the fact that you will always entered the houses of Negeri Sembilan's from the kitchen or backdoor. It is not that they do not have beautiful entrance the front, but it seems more welcoming if we entered from the kitchen side. That's the uniqueness of Negeri Sembilan. Huhuhu.
  1. FELDA Pasoh 1 in Simpang Pertang, Negeri Sembilan
  2. FELDA Jelai 1 in Gemas, Negeri Sembilan
  3. FELDA Bukit Jalor in Gemas, Negeri Sembilan
At night, I continued my own Raya tour to Seremban visiting Miss Azie (my teacher in SDAR) at her new house in Bandar Warisan Puteri, Jalan Sikamat. It was personally a memorable drive for me as I kept on reminiscing my memories in Jalan Sikamat. That road had undergone vast changes; there is no Cendol Megaway stall, G Internet Cafe, the road's condition had been improved and there is no small roundabout anymore at the intersection of Jalan Dato' Siamang Gagap, Jalan Tunku Kurshiah and Jalan Sikamat. Instead, it has been replaced with four-point junction with traffic light. I really missed my time back in SDAR Jalan Sikamat...

No comments: