Saturday 22 October 2011

Motorola Subscriber Training

I have attended Motorola Subscriber Training held in Motorola's Customer Solution Center (CSC) in Bayan Lepas Industrial area, Penang starting from 17th until 21st October 2011. This training is jointly organized by Motorola Solutions and Axis Technology Resources for expansion project of Kerteh Wide Digital Trunked Radio System in Kerteh. I was there representing my company I worked for to learn more about Dimetra System that are currently being used in my workplace for plant-wide communication.

The participants


The 5-day course cover the Dimetra system, the infrastructure, the features of the digital trunked radio system and also their mobile radio terminals, namely MTP850Ex portable radio and MTM800e mobile radio used in vehicles. The training is also attended by representatives from other operating units (OPU's) that will be adopting the new digital trunked radio system (DTRS) in Kerteh.

Receiving certificate of participation from Motorola and Axis


I learnt a lot from this course that surely helped me to carry out my daily task as Safety System Engineer in my workplace. All of us were provided with sufficient manuals and workbook to help us understanding course delivery better.

The whole stack of manuals for system and mobile terminal


During a week stay in Penang, I stayed in Eastin Hotel Penang. It is located near to Queensbay Mall and facing Jerejak Island. Motorola CSC is located 4 kms away from the hotel and I must say the hotel's location is very strategic.

View from my room at Eastin Hotel


On the last day in Penang, I also went to Bukit Bendera. The last time I went here was when I was 10 years old. Bukit Bendera has changed since then with the new train which is more comfortable (supposedly, but the air-condition was faulty so it was like in moving sauna) and faster. To ride the train, RM8 ticket is imposed to the local tourist, while for foreign tourist, they have to pay RM30. The journey uphill only took 10 minutes. It was raining when I reached the hill top so I here are few pictures that I managed to take before the heavy downpour.

The entrance, the weather is already overcast


The train railway


The new and faster hill train


I also met some of my friend in UTP. I went to Kulim with Fitri who are currently working at 2nd Penang Bridge Project to meet Huda and Dalila. Both of them are working as engineers in Silterra and Intel Kulim respectively. We had our dinner in Monrod Kulim and the food is not so disappointing. I also met with my classmate in SDAR, Kamek at Padang Kota Lama. He is currently sitting for final exam for his medical degree and good luck to him!

With Fitri, soon he will come to work in Kerteh


Dalila and Huda from Kulim


All in all, my trip to Penang was very fun and informative. I will surely come again for holiday! :)


No comments: